To raise awareness and give guidance on how to communicate efficiently with the press, both before, during and after emergencies.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
Emergency and crisis situations can occur out of the blue at any time so it is really important for every company to have a basic media strategy in place, even if you never need to put it into action.
This course gives participants some first guidance in what to do and what not to do when approached by the press during a crisis.
A second course is available to specifically train those people in your organisation who will be the spokespeople in direct contact with the press.
This module was developed by Mrs Katerina Skourtanioti, director at VENLYS maritime specialisations services (Reputation and Safety Solution services for the Maritime and Oil & Gas industries, www.venlys.com).
The course focuses on:
- Basic principles of media management
- How the media operates - understanding the media's attitude and perspective towards the maritime industry
- The cost of losing trust
- Handling the crisis - some ground rules
- Don't get ambushed - What do you say?
- What makes a good press release?
- Crisis communications and social media