To obtain the background to the effective management of risks & investigation of events, at both the shipboard and shore-side levels.
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
This course is designed to provide participants with knowledge for analyzing and managing risks, and for responding to and investigating incidents and accidents.
The course focuses on:
- Understand the broader context of risk and how an understanding of risk benefits safety management
- Define the five goals of proactive safety management
- Apply two practical risk assessment tools
- Understand what causes incidents
- Apply DNV's Loss Causation Model
- Analyze the information to determine the real/root/basic causes of incidents