The main purpose of the course is to give an introduction to maritime battery systems and give an overview of possibilities and challenges for hybrid and all electric propulsion in maritime power plants.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The course will focus on important aspects for implementing battery systems onboard ships in a safe, economical and effective way.
The main content of the course is:
- Why battery systems in the maritime sector?
- Battery basics with focus on Li-ion technology
- Main factors for a safe and cost effective battery system
- Class requirements for battery systems
- Risk analyses and safety assessments
- Technical, economic and environmental related analyses