In today’s extremely competitive maritime industry, managers need to cope with ongoing technical, regulatory and commercial developments. They must also be able to anticipate future developments and react in advance. It is also essential that they have up-to-date skills and comprehensive knowledge if they want to retain their competitive edge.
This Postgraduate Diploma addresses current topics of critical importance in the maritime industry with a blended learning approach to operational, commercial and technical issues and provides a holistic education for maritime managers.
This Diploma combines the knowledge and experience of two world class institutions. The partnership between WMU, offering academic and research expertise, and DNV GL, contributing experience of best practice in the industry, makes this programme truly unique.
The programme lets you choose the method of delivery that best meets your needs; classroom learning, distance learning or a blend of the two.
Classroom learning takes place in selected DNV GL Maritime Academies worldwide, while distance learning is via the latest e-education systems and can be completed from any location globally.
Designed by a faculty of leading academics and practitioners, the five modules in the programme will address the most current topics of critical importance to maritime managers:
- Setting the scene: Contemporary Global Maritime Regulatory and Management Issues in the Shipping Sector
- Remaining competitive in a changing market: Strategic Financial Tools
- Managing resources: Human Resource Management, Organizational Processes and Leadership in a Maritime Context
- Mastering complexity: Effective Management of Safety, Security and Risk
- Staying ahead of the curve: Maritime Environmental Technology, Sustainability and Challenges
The programme lasts for eleven months, with a new module starting approximately every eight weeks.
Registration is now open and courses will begin in September 2015. To receive a flyer with detailed information, terms and conditions and the application form use the form below: