Training for qualification as Company Security Officer (CSO) and Ship Security Officer (SSO)
Maritime security knowledge.
Who should attend:
Duration: 3 days
The course provides participants with the knowledge, understanding and proficiencies as required by STCW 78, as amended and the ISPS Code to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities as Company Security Officer (CSO) or Ship Security Officer (SSO). Practical case studies, exercises and videos are used to illustrate possible measures to comply with the maritime security requirements as laid down in the ISPS Code. Achievement of competencies is assessed by means of a final test.
- Company Security Officer (CSO) in accordance with the standard of competence as outlined in the Guidelines on Training and Certification for Company Security Officers issued as Annex of MSC/Circ.1154 and the IMO Model Course 3.20;
- Ship Security Officer (SSO) in accordance with the Mandatory Minimum Requirements for the Issue of Certificates of Proficiency for Ship Security Officers, set out in section A-VI/5, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the STCW 78, as amended and the IMO Model Course 3.19.
Note: Our course is accepted by relevant flag states but not by the British Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA). For MCA approved SSO or CSO training, please contact your closest Maritime Academy office. The Training Certificate is recognized by major flag States as precondition for the issuance of a Certificate of Proficiency (CoP) as Ship Security Officer. The Training Certificate is recognized by major flag States as precondition for the issuance of a Certificate of Proficiency (CoP) as Ship Security Officer.
The course focuses on:
- Development, implementation, maintenance and supervision of Ship Security Plans
- Identification of threats and vulnerabilities and assessment of security risks
- Methods for Inspection and Monitoring of security measures on board ships
- Operation, testing and calibration of security equipment and systems
- Enhancing security awareness and vigilance of company staff (ship and shore)