To provide up to date information about the regulatory framework for the ship type segment Bulk Carrier.
To support participants involved in the evaluation process for prompt investment and operating cost calculations, and simplify decision-making processes.
Experience in the bulk carrier shipping segment
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
This module introduces the current regulatory framework for bulk carriers and considers its future amendments. The consequences of these requirements on the operation of ships and their construction will be discussed. Information on current market development in the shipping sector enhances the knowledge gained.
The course focuses on:
- Regulatory framework for bulk carriers
- IMO Conventions and Codes (e.g. SOLAS, MARPOL, Load Line, Grain Code, ESP, IMSBC Code)
- Regional and national regulations (e.g. EU Directives)
- IACS (Unified Requirements, Interpretations
- Recommendations, Common Structural Rules
- DNV GL Rules and Guidelines and DNV GL services for bulk carriers
- Technical and operational consequences
- Market information